Wednesday 2 May 2012

25km hike done and dusted..


So I haven't blogged in a while, so I've a good few things to write about!

Last Friday 30 TYs along with 3 teachers headed off to the Wicklow Mountains to do a 25km hike as part of the Gaisce Award. Everyone was very excited about the food and the houses and maybe on the journey there most people forgot about the actual hike. But once we arrived we all remembered, we literally had 10 minutes to put our bags in the houses and we were off!

The first day wasn't too bad - one uphill part went on forever though which was probably the worst bit. But we all had great fun chatting with each other and the instructors who were so funny and nice :) 4 hours later and we had completed 13km. When we got back we had to night to relax in our houses and eat!! woooo :D it was great fun and everyone got on great!

The next morning we were woken bright and early and we were off hiking again. Saturday was a bit harder because there was more uphill but it wasn't anything we couldn't manage :) After we had completed the 25km we got to do high rope activities! These were so much fun but my favourite was the 'team challenge.' We all couldnt stop laughing trying to get through this course as well as trying to beat the record...and well, lets just say we failed miserably...

It was then time to leave and even know I was wrecked I was sad leaving. The instructors were lovely and I had such a great two days. I didn't I would enjoy the hike as much as I did but it has been one of the highlights on TY! :D
Thanks to Ms.H, Ms.O'C and Mr.K ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment