Wednesday 2 May 2012

Retreatin' in the rain.



On Tuesday the 1st of May class Banba went to Glendalough for our retreat :) The weather wasn't the best so we didn't really know what to expect. When we arrived we spent a lot of time in the visitors centre looking around a small musuem type thing and also Fr.Michael Rodgers spoke to us all. He has been in Glendalough for 20 years so he knows what he's talking about!

We then went to a small chapel and had 10 minutes of silence where we all just sat and thought to ourselves. Normally I get bored if I'm not doing anything but I found this really relaxing!

Despite the rain, we still got to go on a walk around Glendalough and take in the scenery. There were so many waterfalls and they were all so nice and peaceful even in horrible weather! By the end we were all still smiling because it was a much better day than I had expected! It was the best retreat I've had so far since I've been in Wolstans anyway :)






No comments:

Post a Comment